Proper digestion is key to overall wellbeing. Food combining is a great tool to use if you are looking to improve your digestion. Digestion starts in the mouth so be sure to chew your food well.
- Combine high- starch foods with non- starch foods.
- Combine high- protein foods with non- starch vegetables
- Combine health fats /oils with all types of vegetables
- Fruit eaten alone ( 30 mins. before other foods and/or not for 3 hours after other meals)
- High- protein with high- starch
- High- protein and fruit
- High- starch and fruit
Examples of high- starch foods- pasta, whole grains, potatoes, corn, sweet potatoes, beans
Examples of non- starch foods- broccoli, beets, asparagus, chard, lettuce, spinach, sprouts, mushrooms, cauliflower, cucumber, radishes, green beans
Examples of high protein foods- Beef, chicken, turkey, game meats, dairy, eggs
Examples of healthy fats/ oils- plant and fish oils. Flax oil, olive oil, sesame oil, pumpkin seeds, almonds, cashews